Weekend Roundup: Three Squads Pick Up Wins

Women Dunked

The varsity women's swim team succumbed to a more experienced Boston University squad, 96-35, Saturday, in the second meet of the season.

The pace of the meet was set early on as BU opened with a win in the 400-yd. medley relay, posting their quickest time this year.

The Harvard team, which beat BU last year, needs more strength and speed in the earlier events, Crimson coach Stephanie Walsh said Yesterday. "We have a young group and we need a lot more work."

The freshmen continued their winning ways as Adele Joel placed first in the 100-yd. breasstroke with a time of 1:12.01. Julie McAree secured a first in the 200-yd. butterfly (2:23.08) and a second in the 100-yd. butterfly (1:07.08).

Emily Feldman clocked her best time this year in the 200-yd. backstroke, taking third place in 2:23.02. Two events later, a strong finishing effort propelled Feldman to second place in the 500-yd. freestyle, with a 5.45.06 timing.

In the diving competition, Harvard's Pamela Stone placed second from both the one and three-meter boards while qualifying for the Large College Nationals in the One-meter event.

The 1-1 aquawomen take to the water again on Wednesday at 7 p.m., against Boston College at Blodgett Pool. Although the Harvard team has never beaten BC, the Eagles have lost some of their swimnters this season. Walsh said she expects a close meet.