SAC Elections

News Shorts

By Susan C. Faludi

The Student Advisory Committee (SAC) of the Institute of Politics this week elected 18 new members to its staff, ending a week-long selection process.

The Institute accepted more students than usual to the staff this year, in preparation for the move to the new Kennedy School of Government next year, Tamara M. Stanton '79, chairman of the new projects committee, said yesterday.

"We want to insure that the Institute keeps the undergraduates involved, " Stanton said.

The SAC is a student-run group which oversees and runs the programs at the Institute of Politics.

The committee plans to organize a series of foreign policy dinners next term, one at each of the Houses, to discuss America's role in international policy-making, Andrew C. McKey '80, chairman of the SAC's internship subcommittee, said yesterday.

The SAC will also choose several visiting fellows for the spring term to speak at the Institute. Ann M. Armstrong, former United States ambassador to England under former President Gerald Ford, has already agreed to speak in April, Stanton said.

Andrew Young, ambassador to the United Nations, and syndicated columnist Jack Anderson spoke as visiting fellows last tern.