Brown, Stenhouse Cop Berths On All-American Baseball Units

Harvard baseball players Mike Stenhouse and Larry Brown were recently rewarded for their outstanding seasons on the diamond, as the NCAA selected both to its 1978 All-American baseball team.

Stenhouse, the sophomore outfielder who broke the Harvard career home run record and tied the single season mark for round-trippers, earned first team status, the first New England player since 1973 to be so honored. Stenhouse led the Crimson with a .404 batting average and also knocked in 36 runs to pace the batsmen.

Brown, the junior hurler from Norwood, Ma., was cited for third team honors. The flame-throwing right-hander posted a 10-1 season slate, along with a 0.85 E.R.A., and struck out 76 in 85 innings. Brown, who also quarter backs the Harvard football team, was in addition honored by his teammates by being elected team captain for next year's squad.

Hot Stuff

The selection of the two as All-Americans marked a successful postscript to Harvard's 1978 baseball season, which saw the Crimson post a 24-10 record and win the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball Championship before being ousted in NCAA post-season play.