Playgirl

THE MAIL

To the Editors of the Crimson:

After reading over the article in The Crimson concerning Playgirl Magazine, I feel an urgent need to set the record straight.

Firstly, the article implied that my entertainment career took priority over my academic endeavors. If this were the case, I would be pursuing that career full-time. My pursuit in the entertainment business has been and is presently an extracurricular activity. My concentration in school is fundamental to all of my future work. Secondly, I never had any intention of posing nude in Playgirl, as the article implied. What my agents and I wanted was a cover photo and an article dealing with my work in drama and in music. My unwillingness to pose nude in Playgirl, jeopardized such an article and consequently our negotiations came to a standstill.

Finally, her quote that "People just aren't used to the values I represent" implies that I represent a poor set of values. I don't consider working hard in an academic as well as an artistic field to be representative of a person with a poor set of values that "people just aren't used to." Thomas N. Parsekian