Car Accident

A Harvard senior was struck by a car late Sunday night near Leverett House.

The woman, who asked not to be identified, and is listed in fair condition at Mt. Auburn Hospital with a fractured skull and bruises, said yesterday she was "feeling fine."

"That intersection of Memorial Drive and DeWolfe Street is terrible; there have been many, many wrecks and pedestrian injuries there over the years," a spokesman for the Metropolitan District commission (MDC) which has jurisdiction over Mem. Drive, said yesterday.

Closing

The Cambridge Parking and traffic Department which has jurisdiction over DeWolfe Street, plans to rearrange the parking layout along the street to increase visibility and reduce the number of accidents.

"We have plans to change the parking scheme in the making now, in response to our studies of the street," George Hewitt, an investigator for the department, said yesterday, adding that "It's a very bad blind corner where there've been a lot of problems."

Several Harvard students jogging through the area yesterday said the intersection is dangerous. "I plan on a close call every time I run through here," Tony W. Unitski '82, said yesterday, adding that "I've had about four really close shaves there."