Man Arrested In B-School Rape Incident

By Susan C. Faludi

The second of two men suspected of raping a Business School student and her female guest last April was arrested yesterday morning in Roxbury and arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court, ending a six-month nationwide search.

The 17-year-old suspect, placed yesterday in Suffolk County Jail on a $150,000 surety bond, was charged with multiple counts of rape and armed robbery in two separate incidents of rape--the one last spring at the Business School and one that occurred two weeks ago in Boston.

Knifepoint

In the second incident, the man allegedly approached the woman on the street in front of her apartment, forced her by knifepoint into the apartment, then chased her out and raped her twice in an alley nearby, Timothy O'Neill, district attorney for Suffolk Superior Court, said yesterday.

The man left his jacket and knife at the site, which the Boston police used--along with the assaulted woman's identification of his photograph--to make the arrest.

The court charged the alleged assailant with two counts of rape, three indictments of armed robbery and one indictment of house invasion in the B-School case; two counts of aggravated rape and one of armed robbery in the more recent Boston incident, O'Neill said.

The district attorney said he would ask for a stiffer sentence than the 12 to 15 years received by the first suspect last month.

Robert Rufo, special sheriff at Suffolk County Jail, said yesterday the suspect arrive at the jail late this afternoon and will remain there until the pre-trial conference November 14.

A fugitive warrant has been out for the suspect since this summer, and the Boston Police the University police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation coordinated a nationwide search that traced him to California, New York, Florida and back to Boston.

Daris J. Davis, the other man charged with rape in the Business School incident, was sentenced to 12 to 15 years imprisonment at MCI Walpole State Penitentiary, after pleading guilty at Suffolk Superior Court.

In the attack last April, the two men forced the B-School student and her male escort into the dorm, raped her and her female guest, and left with the stereo and jewelry. The University and MIT police, responding to a call by the women, chased Davis's car down Mass Ave to the B.U. Bridge on Memorial Drive. The second suspect escaped on foot