Radcliffe Alumnae Contribute More In '80 Fund Drive

Radcliffe alumnae have increased their average donations to the college in the last two years from $94 to $153, according to statistics of Radcliffe College's Century Fund Alumnae Annual Giving.

As of Dec. 31, 1979, the halfway mark in this fiscal year, the Century Fund had raised $450,000 toward its Alumnae Annual Giving goal of $875,000; $2.4 million toward its $3.5 million goal for program grants by 1983; and $2.8 million toward its $10 million goal for endowment and capital improvement by 1983, Century Fund officials said.

Mary Cox, director of development and alumnae affairs, said yesterday the $10 million endowment and capital improvement goal will be used in part to finance the Quad Athletic Center, to renovate the Agassiz Theater and the Radcliffe gym for use as a dance center, to support the Schlesinger Library, and to endow a visiting artist program run by the Office of the Arts.

The visiting artist program will involve inviting theater and dance artists to develop ideas for productions, using students from the Harvard-Radcliffe community and Agassiz as a base, Myra Mayman, coordinator of the Office of the Arts, said yesterday.