In Search of the Perfect Post-Game Party

You don't have to be a Harvard Student to realize there is only one thing to do before, during, and
By Bruce K. Mcmeekin

You don't have to be a Harvard Student to realize there is only one thing to do before, during, and after a match between Harvard and Yale--Party. The Eli social organizers have been working feverishly in an attempt to impress their Cambridge colleagues with their version of the art of partying.

Festivities begin as early as Thursday, at Calhoun College, for those who anticipate a lengthy stay in New Haven. Calhoun plans a happy hour from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. but be annoying and don't leave before three. First of all, it's the only thing to do there that night, and second, it's only $1.50 with a Harvard ID.

Friday night has more to offer in the way of festivities. Berkely College is throwing a bash with the band "Opus" from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Admission is $2 with a Harvard I.D. Go to Berkely early in the evening so you have time to catch the party coordinated by Ezra Stiles and Morse Colleges. This looks like the best bet for the evening if you like large gatherings where everyone drinks too much. There will be two live bands, a full bar, and lots and lots of people. Although it costs three bucks with a Harvard ID, it would be worthwhile.

Those who prefer to listen to "Super Freak" instead of power rock should consider party at the Holiday Inn on 30 Whalle Avenue. Located across the street from Fitzwilly's, the hotel plans a pregame disco party on Friday night from 10 p.m. on.

Immediately following The Game head over to Pierson College for a happy hour. Later that evening. Pierson will throw a party similar to a Winthrop House affair--you'll go there just to stand in a 20-minute beer line.

Davenport College will present the live band "Cinema" somewhere within their gothic exterior. Georgian Colonial interior confines starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission at both these parties is $2.

Yale Class of 1982 will sponsor a 9 p.m. Saturday night party on Yale Commons for those who can bear the cold of the Hew Haven smog (a mixture of smoke and stale beer).

Finally, "The Golden Illusion", an area DJ. will spin his vinyl noise-makers in Mores Dining Hall from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday evening. The admission fee is a whopping $5, and probably not worth it.