Harvard Goes Bulldog Hunting

Will Paint Town Crimson

By Daniel J. Jones

With scalpers marking up available tickets by 100 per cent or more, anyone who faield to purchase tickets before heading south for The Game may have to pay dearly.

Since the last of the record 73,000 tickets were sold last week, scalpers began charging up to $20 for tickets originally priced at $5 and $10.

With 59,000 seats at the Yale Bowl open to Elis, and only 14,000 open to Harvard fans, a scalper in Cambridge has an advantage over his counterpart in New Haven.

John M. Erdan '83 said yesterday that he was offered $20 for his two $5 seats but ended up selling the tickets for $10 a piece since the purchaser was a friend of a friend.

Soc Anal 10

Any gambler should go to New Haven today and take advantage of the Yale scalpers who have been adversely affected by a large supply of tickets and a relatively small demand. Unlike Harvard students who received only 3000 tickets. Yale students claimed 8000 tickets and are struggling to get rid of their extras.

And there's no need to worry about searching for scalpers at either Harvard or Yale since they operate openly because of the lack of enforcement of anti-scalping laws.

Yale officials said yesterday they were not concerned about the practice of selling tickets for more than face value. This practice does not occur "to any appreciable degree." Jack W. Blake, ticket manager at Yale said yesterday.

Gordon M. Page, ticket manager at Harvard. agreed.

In any case, while Harvard and Yale Universities will gain about $750,000 from ticket sales for The Game, a few industrious students will profit too.