Arms Conference

A student group at Hampshire College in Amherst, Mass. will host an intercollegiate conference on nuclear arms control this weekend.

About 100 students and faculty members from 30 colleges are expected to attend, Matthew J. Goodman, a member of the Hampshire Disarmament Coalition, the conference's sponsor, said yesterday. The conference includes workshops and lectures on public speaking, organizing on campus, and developing new curricula.

Plenary sessions with members of national anti-nuclear groups, notably Physicians for Social Responsibility and the Project for Global Education, are also on the agenda.

"We want to bring people together, and then have them go back to their own schools to organize and educate," Goodman said.

Recommended Articles

Students Organize To Oppose Spread Of Nuclear Power
The Harvard Anti-Nuclear Alliance held its first meeting last night in Science Center D before an audience of 50 University
PLAN TO CONFER ON DISARMAMENT
Definite steps have now been taken by the Princeton Senior Council to call an intercollegiate conference on the subject of
Over the Wire
PARIS--Russian Foreign Minister Viascheslav M. Molotov today reopened the entire battle on Paris peace conference voting procedure with a demand
Kissinger Cautions Disarmament Might Lead to U.S.S.R. Victory
Henry A. Kissinger '50, Associate Director of the Center for International Affairs, declared yesterday that "the United States must be
Sohn, Edsall Call Soviets Sincere In Recent Disarmament Proposals
"Whatever type of disarmament we get, if we continue to wait, will be worse than that which we could get
FACULTY BODY FOR H-Y-P CONFERENCE NAMED YESTERDAY
Announcement of the Harvard faculty committee to assist in drawing up the agenda for the second annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton Conference, to