Harassment History

The following is a brief group of harassment changes brought against project sorrel Harvard University.

Last year alone over 25' students slights University counseling about sexual "Plasters", from professors set only In students live failed formal charges in the last several years.

Only two cases of sexual harassment have become public since the faculty adopted a formal grievance procedure in 1978. Under those guidelines, written student complaint are handled confidentially by Marilee Lew is 70, isslstant dean of the College final an forty in handling the cases lies with Dean of the Faculty Henry Rosorsky who has disciplined three faculty members since 1978.

The first case to be made public occured in 1979, when Helene Salied York '81 charged that Martin Kilson professor of Environment attempted to kiss her during off hours. Kosovsky notified York that he had formally reprimanded Kilson and required him to write a letter of apology.

Rosotsky voluntarily informed York of the specific action taken on the case despite the contention of Lewis and John B Fox '59, dean of the College, that students be told only whether their allegations were lound to have merit.