Domestic Racism Harms World Role, Activist Declares

By Farah J. Griffin

Vetenin civil rights activist Anna A. Hedgeman warned Radelitte audience yesterday that America's failure to educate itself about life history and achievements of its Black and female citizens unpainted ability to understand the rest of the worth.

"we are not ready for any kind of global leadership because our educational systems have not let us learn about each other." Hedgeman, who helped plan the 1963 March on Washington led by the Rev. Martin lather King Jr., said.

Hedgeman called it the responsibility of American's minorities and worsen to educate the white male dominated society of the importance of issues such as nuclear war and international trade. "We as African Americans have special concern over the prospect of nuclear war because we, more so than any other group, have suffered from violence" in the United States.

"The United States has taken from the whole world to produce herself, and then not been willing to share." Hedgeman said American, she added must remedy the situation soon. "America may be in a period when it has its last chance to become what it could and should be," she said.

Hedgeman, who is fouring the country to promote her latest book. "The Gilt of Chaos," spoke at the Schlesmger Library luncheon series a four sear old program of icctuses by the women whose papers and oral histories are preserved at the library.