For Students Staying Here, It's an Adams House Turkey

By Mary F. Cliff

Close to 400 students are expressed to attend Thanksgiving dinner at Adams House this year, while many more will remain on campus but eat their holiday meet with nearby friends or relatives. Adams House Dining Hall Manager Paul A. DuFour estimated yesterday.

While the exodus from campus has already begun, students, remaining on campus yesterday said high airfares and heavy workheads prompted them to spend Thanksgiving at Harvard. "I have to work, and if I went home, I would spend all my time with friends," said Piero Satriano '85.

"I don't want to spend $300 just to go home for a couple of days," added Clara L. Bui '86.

Except for Adams House, all dining halls--including the Union--will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. Currier House and Union dining halls will reopen on Friday, while the rest of the Houses will resume regular service Saturday.

Saul L. Chafin, chief of University Police, said yesterday that his staff will maintain regular levels of security and will focus on areas where the College informs him meet students are staying. "We don't lower the number of policemen on duty over vacations," he said.

Opening on holiday schedules, all University libraries, gyms, and Blodgett Paul will also be closed Thursday. Hilles and Widener will reopen as usual. Both Lamont and Cabot will be open Friday and Saturday.

Blodgett Hall will be open on Saturday and Sunday, but all other facilities including the boathouses, the Hemenway gym, the Gardon Track and Tennis Center, the Indoor Athletic building, the Palmer-Dixon Tennis Courts and the squash courts will be closed until after the weekend.

Without a doubt, the main event of the weekend will be Thanksgiving dinner, served at Adams House from noon until 2 p.m. "Lordy, are we going to have a dinner," said DuFour. The menu will include pecan-stuffed turkey, sugar-cured ham with sweet potatoes and three different kinds of pie.

Students said yesterday they would spend the holiday studying, shopping, or sightseeing in Boston. For football enthusiasts, the Cambridge Rindge and Latin Warriors will tackle the Don Bosco team from Boston, Thursday at 10 a.m. in Harvard Stadium.