Vegetarians to Distribute Food Survey

Aim to Improve Quality of Union Meals

Prompted by what they see as an month cent number of vegetarian dishes two freshman will circulate a survey the week exhausting found served on the freshman own.

Deborah Kern 86 and Elizabeth Sperling 86 street vegetarians will distribute a questionnaire to all freshman dominators which they hope will result in a week sole from of vegetarian fossils and an improvement of meals in general.

Sperling sand yesterday that an comparison with other colleges in the area. Harvard and others only a hunted amount of vegetarian food she added that the vegetarian fond Harvard does often lacks nutritional value.

At the suggestion of Food Service Dhett said Dale Hennessy to who they originally bought their companies Kern and Sperling conducted an informal poll outside the Freshman Union last month, which turned up nearly 30 street vegetarian and as many other who will eat eggs and fish but no other animal products. Many of these students told Sperling and Kern they were unhappy with Harvard vegetarian meals.

The result of the initial poll prompted the freshman to conduct a formal survey to evaluate specific aspects of food services.

You can survive here as a vegetarian, but they don't make as much effort as other colleges to accommodate you," Sperling said.

Brandeis University serves a hot vegetarian entree every day and features a dull her specifically geared for vegetarian. Ann Beaudoin, assistant food service manager at Brandeis, said yesterday.

But John E. O. Neill, assistant manager of the freshman dining room at Harvard, said the. University accommodates vegetarians "exceptionally well." He added that "Students say they want health foods, and then turn around and ask for harm burgers and hot dogs."