Icewomen Win Big

Diane Hurley and Cathy Carroll each scored had tricks to lead the Harvard women's ice hockey team to a 12-0 rout of Wesleyan last night, improving the Crimson's record to 7-5-0 in what may become in first winning season.

Coach John Dooley had rearranged the Man's forward times prior to the game to concentrate scoring power in the unit. The experiment worked brilliantly for Harvard, as the new combination of Carroll, Kristy Anastasio, and Katrinka Leschey racked up five goals and eight assists collectively.

Harvard opened up a 2-0 lead on first period goals by Firkins Reed and Jennifer White and then extended the margin to 6-0 during the second an Liz Ward and Carroll each score twice. Three goals by Hurley, two from Anastasio, and another from Carroll continued the deluge in the third period.

"Wesleyan goaltender Janice Mira received little support from her defense and had to fend off 41 other Crimson shots.

"Wesleyan's program is will trying to get off the ground. "assistant coach Bill McDonald explained after the game, adding that a three-week layover from competition during exam period had not affected the pucksters' conditioning.