Bruins Sporting Big Green Win

Ivy Wrap

BROWN 25, DARTMOUTH 7-- The only consolation Dartmouth gamed in Saturday's tragedy at Hanover, N.H. was that it is still alive in the Ivy League race. For that, the Big Green can thank Harvard. And it can thank Brown for putting it in a must-win situation next week at Penn if it is to garner a piece of the Ivy title. What the Bruins did on a blistering cold day at Dartmouth's Memorial Field was completely shut down a highly explosive Big Green squad. Brown fullback Steve Hefferman led the explosion with 22 carries for 127 yards and placekicker Chris Ingerslev added four field goals in the win. Dartmouth is more 4-1-1 in the Ivies and 4-4-1 overall. Brown is 3-2-1 in the league and 3-5-1 overall.

YALE 28, PRINCETON 21-- It took nine games, but Yale finished one the win column for the first time all year on Saturday, downing Princeton, 28-21 Yale's Jeff Bassette scored three touchdowns the last with just 6:05 to play to spark the Eli win in Princeton. The Bulldogs' Paul Andri gained 165 yards on 29 carries and scored on a 12-yard run to open the Yale scoring in the first quarter. The Bassette show then went to work, tallying one score in each of the last three periods.

CORNELL 31, COLUMBIA 6-- The Big Red won the Battle of New York Saturday in Ithaca, N.Y., shutting down the high powered John Witkowski passing offense. Cornell's Derrick Harman passed the 1000yard rushing mark on the season as he ran for 230 yards on 34 carries in a game that had virtually no meaning to the Ivy race.