NOW at Yale

By Compiled FROM College newspapers

Yale may become the first Ivy League school to have an on-campus chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) if a senior at the college, Susan Bysicwicz succeeds in her efforts to establish one.

Bysiewicz speculated that the "New NOW" would address issues "right on campus" such as equal fund, for women's sports Taking advantage of NOW's affiliations, the group would also host speakers for panels and lectures.

Although two chapters already exist in the greater New Haven area. Bysiewicz said that they meet at times and places inconvenient to the Yale student.

Area feminist groups have expressed support for the venture.

Young women at Yale will certainly gain a lot from working in the largest feminist organization in the country," said Lynn Taborask, state coordinator for NOW in Connecticut. "Though problems with campus organizations include long vacations and the constant turnover of the student body these can also events a very volatile group because you have fresh ideas and enthusiasm coming in. I think they can be effective political organization," she added. Yale Daily News, February