Council Grants

Short Takes

The Undergraduate Council's allocation of about $1460 to five undergraduate groups Sunday night brings the council's grants total this term to more than $19.500.

Added to the money distributed last term in Joan, and grants, the council has awarded more than $28.500 to fund a total of 61 projects this year. At least $3500 in additional funds will be distributed this spring to qualified applicants.

Sunday night's awards were:

*The Harvard Radcliffe Dance Company $500 loan, to help finance T-shirts for sale at in April concert.

*The Harvard Entrepreneurs $98, to pay the costs the publicizing an April 30 conference on entrepreneurialism.

*The Lost City Folk Society $120, for the rental or purchase of sound equipment for a series of coffeehouse meeting this spring.

*The Harvard Speech and Parliamentary Debate Society $391.17, towards airfare for travelling to a Chicago based national tournament this spring.

*Harvard House Community Subcommittee, $350 in matching funds, for a Saturday morning educational and athletic program for community children. Quincy, Lowell, and Kirkland House are also slated to contribute funds towards the four-House project.

The five funded groups had requested a total of about $2500. Because of other potential funding sources and a variety of other eligibility requirements, the Dance Company and Debate Society were the only two groups to receive their full requested amounts.