Senior Tutors

Asistant Professor of Economics Jeffrey Woleowitz will begin a three-year term as the Dunsier House senior tutor this full, pending confirmation from Dean of the College John B. Fox Jr. '99, House Master Raout Bott said yesterday.

Woleowitz, who has been affiliated with the House for the past six years as a tutor, said yesterday that he had a "great interest" in Dunster House and would be ready to accept the position upon a formal, "expected" offer from Fox.

His enthusiasm and a tutor and his active participation in House activities, such as intramural crew, made Woleowitz "one of the best candidates" for the position, Bott said.

Steven Lundeen, Dunster's present senior tutor, will leave at the end of this year to become an assistant professor of physics at the University of Notre Dame, Bott said.

Fox and Lundeen could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Other Departures

Adams House senior tutor John J. Hildebidle Jr. will become an assistant professor of literature at MIT next year, he said yesterday. And Elizabeth A Gray, the senior tutor of Kirkland House, will leave her position but remain affiliated with the University, Gray said.

Their replacements will be announced next week, spokesmen for the Houses said yesterday.