Producer Carr Sicks Out Of Events, Will Talk Today

Students missed a chance to learn a few tricks from Allan Carr, the glamorous producer of "Grease" and "La Cage aux Folles," when he didn't show up at several Harvard receptions yesterday because he was bed-ridden with the flu at the Copley Plaza in Boston.

According to a spokesman for the Office for the Arts. Carr has promised to be on campus today for a full day of "Learning from Performers" events.

Susan A. Zielinski, program coordinator, said that Carr's success on the business side of show business made him particularly interesting to students, who "seem more and more interested in the practical side of the performing arts."

His health permitting. Carr will address journalists at the Nieman Foundation, attend a lunch in his honor at the Faculty Club, and talk to students over dinner at Cabot House today.

Jeffrey J. Rossman '86, who organized a group of students to attend the Cabot dinner, said. "It's a really good experience to meet someone who's a big name in the theater world."

The Office of the Arts regularly invites outstanding creative or performing artists to talk to students about their craft. Other artists scheduled for this fall include Carroll O'Connor and Glenn Close.