You Are Cordially Invited...

Harvard Basketball Coach Frank McLaughin Request the honor of your presence At tonight's game against Munhattan College 7:30 p.m. Briggs Athletic Center Dress: Casual.

By Marie B. Morris

The last time the Harvard men's basketball team played Manhattan College a year ago the cagers travelled to Draddy Gym in the Bronx, N.Y. and came out on the shortened of a 79.57 drubbing.

"We owe them," McLaughlin a Bronx native says now of that game in which his squad appeared to have converted the 208 miles between here and there on foot.

They haven't looked that bad this year, but still running up a 4-0 record against some less than stellar teams hasn't forced Harvard to play up to its potential.

Tonight's the night for revenge but they can't do it alone.

"The stands will make the difference," predicts McLaughlin adding that the cagers have racked up their state "on their own."

So where have you been?.

Scouting Report

Back in the Bronx, lowly esteemed amateur basketball scout Betsy Morris has been casing Manhattan--a task easily accomplished simply by glancing around any number of the classes she attends.

She's picking Manhattan mostly for aesthetic reasons. "They've been doing really well," she says of the 2-2 Jaspers and warns that Harvard should watch out for senior Tim Cain.

He's not exactly consistent four for 14 from the floor against Lehigh, 10 to 15 against Wagner--but at 6-ft. 7-in., our scout in the field rates him not bad looking.

The Bronx correspondent reports that although the Harvard starting five doesn't seem to have a match yet for her football favorite. Mark Vignali, their high scorers are "competition."

Those being senior Co-Captains Joe Carrabino and Bob Ferry who lead the Crimson with an average of 22 and 17.3 points per game respectively.

At 6ft 8in and 6ft 4in they'll tower over the Jaspers Maurice "Mo" Williams who stands just 5ft 11in but is rumored to have the ability to dunk.

They'll also dwarf senior twins John and Jim Haufler both 6ft 1in guards. Jimmy starts while John and junior Steve Klemick alternate at sixth man our scout has divined.

She warns about Ed Lawson's outside shot and a pair of good freshmen, Leo Parent and Charlie Roberts. And let's not forget starter Chris Schiano, a 6-ft., 3-in. sophomore and the only member of the squad other than Cain to rate the designation "cute."

Harvard also has some pretty good players--even some cute ones, and if you already know about the team, you're certainly keeping it under your hat.

If you don't there's a pleasant surprise waiting for you at Briggs. Bring your coupon book and a friend, but don't interrupt Coach McLaughlin to tell him you're RSVP'ing.

He'll probably already have noticed.