Northeastern Scores Only Big Upset; Favorites RPI, Boston College Triumph

NEW HAMPSHIRE 8 BOSTON UNIVERSITY 3 Sixth-seeded New Hampshire scored six straight goals last night at Boston University's Walter A Brown Arena to earn an upset over the third-seeded Terriers.

Wildcat junior Dan Muse, who contributed two goals and assists on the evening, broke up a 2-2 tie at 13:33 of the first period to launch UNH's six-goal spurt.

Although the Terriers beat the Wildcats twice in regular season play and outshot New Hampshire, 46-36, the night belonged to the visitors after Muse's first-period score.

BOSTON COLLEGE 6 PROVIDENCE 3 Second seeded Boston College, despite falling behind 20 in the first minute and a half of play, downed seventh-seeded Providence 63 at the Eagles' McHugh Forum.

Doug Brown snapped a 3,3 tie midway through the second period and the Eagles went on to win. Jim Robbins and Jacques Delorme gave the Friars a 2-0 advantage at 1:27 of the opening period, but Robin Monleon and Scott Harlow tallied a goal each to tie the game at two.

Steve Taylor's power play goal put Providence back on top until the first of two Bob Sweeney goals deadlocked the game again at three with 49 seconds left in the first period, setting up Brown's game winning heroics in the second stanza.

RPI 8 COLGAIE 5 Neil Hernberg and Mike Dark each scored two goals to lead top-seeded RPI past eighth-seeded Colgate last night at Troy. N Y.

Hernberg gave RPI a lead that it never relinquished at 1.24 of the first period. The Engineers, now 29-4 and ranked second in the nation, also received goals from Mike Robinson. John Carter, Mike Sadeghpour and Tim Friday.