Bok to Discuss Medical Education In Annual Report

By J. A. B.

President Bok said yesterday that his forth coming annual report will focus on the issues facing medical education in light of increasingly frequent medical and technological advances.

Medical technology has developed very quickly in recent years but the system for educating the doctors who will use it has remained relatively unchanged Bok said he will examine "why medical education hasn't changed more."

Each spring Bok focuses on one area of the University for his annual report, often using his academic observations as a starting point for a public statement Last year's report sharply the American legal system and raised throughout the legal communication.

Bok is a fairly person who shuns the limelight, so his annual report is one of his most watched public statements. He said last month that he turned down at least 50 invitations to speak about the legal system after his report was published.

This year's report, which will probably be released sometime next month, will not be "particularly starting in its conclusion," said Bok but he added that it was an opportunity to scrutinize medical education and systematically address some of the issues and problems the discipline faces.

He did not discuss the specifies of the report.