Picture perfect

The year that was

DEBBLE FIELD and the women's soccer team went 10-5 last fall: the football team, sparked by junior MARK VIGNALI (33) and senior quarter back GREG GIZZE (7) tied for the Ivy League title; the field hockey squad, including TRINA BURNHAM finished 8-6-1: men's fencing claimed an Eastern individually upon title for the first time in more than 50 Years sophomore ARNE DUNCAN and the Ivy Place of the Year junior JOE CARRABINO sparked the men's basketball team's drive from the collar to second in the league: Coach BILL CLEARY, PETER FOLLOWS (24) and the rest of the men's hockey squad took another Ivy title men's swimming snagged as sixth consecutive Eastern championship: DEB TAFT and the women's hockey team raised to a 12-92 mark PETER DINEEN helped out in the men's squash squad's successful defense of its six-man and nine man national crowns, the women's water polo team and displayed intensity, gaining varsity status and a 12-6-1 record KAH WILEY and the other women tracksters lost only one winter dual meet: DAVI BECKMY and his men's tennis teammates lost a single Ivy meet, to eventual champion Columbia the men's track team jumped into action on the new million dollar outdoor track, the men's lacrosse squad including ex-iceman RALPH HARTMANN exceeded everyone's expectations by going 86 LISA BLACK came off the bench to spark the women's lacrosse team's return to the NCAA quarterfinals, sophomore GERRIRUBIN pitched her heart out but the softball team wound up fifth in the Ivies, men's lightweight crew (from left, EDD ELEMINC JEFF NICKEL, BEN COLBURN, GREG WILLIAMS, PAT BENNETT, PAUL NATHRSON, JUSTIN KERMOND, JAMES SHELDON) and their heavyweight counterparts finished fourth in the East, the women's heavyweights took third, but the Radcliffe lights, including a jubilant ANNE HOLTZWORTH, ruled the region nabbing first place at the Eastern Sprints.