Democrats Revive Club Newspaper

Short Takes

After a one-year absence while its editors covered the presidential campaign, the Harvard-Radcliffe Democratic Club's newspaper Perspective will reappear later this spring.

The Democratic Club, which founded the newspaper five years ago in response to the conservative Harvard Salient, look a break from publication last year to publish weekly "fact sheets" on issues pertinent to the Presidential campaign, according to club spokesman Adam J. Augustynski'86.

Club vice-president Chris J. Riley '86 said that while in the past Perspective's editors have been drawn from the ranks of club members, the newspaper this year will actively recruit students from outside the organization.

Perspective will also begin to publish pieces by adult politicos, such as a planned analysis of the changing political tides of the South by former Mississippi Governor William F. Winter

Another notable promising a piece to the upcoming issue is former New Republic editor Hendrik Hertzberg '65, a current fellow at the Kennedy School of Government's Institute of Politics.

In an introductory "comp" meeting last Tuesday evening. Editor in Chief Lisa S. Schokolnick '88 and Chief Financial Officer Scott I Lessing '88 said that their main goal is to make the newspaper fiscally and editorially independent.