From Our Readers

Mail

To the Editors of The Crimson:

I am appalled and angry at the window display I witnessed at the Vision House in Harvard Square last night. There are trash cans in the window and stuffed in one trash can is a woman's body with only her upturned legs visible. Hanging from her high heeled shoe is a pair of eye glass frames. I can't for the life of me see any connection between the inferred violence and eye glasses. After seeing someone raped, murdered, or mutilated and stuffed in a trash can, why would I want to buy eye glasses!? I spoke with the manager of the store who said he didn't see a problem with the display. He didn't want to identify himself. When will store owners and other advertisers ever learn that people aren't objects for abuse? Rebecca Roop-Kharasch

Recommended Articles

Students Sort Trash
Garbed in goggles, plastic aprons and purple plastic gloves, eight students on the Recycling Committee sorted through the University's waste
City Trash Law Draws Protest
Local homeless advocates are protesting a Cambridge City Council resolution unanimously adopted last Monday, under which the city prohibits scavengers
Fifteen Minutes: Down in the Dump
For me, crossing the line between Cambridge and Somerville on Kirkland Street is always a strange thing. Stepping over that
Yale Walkout Continues; Bladderball Game Doesn't
New Haven plainsclothes policemen arrested Yale senior Peter Henry last Wednesday on charges of disorderly conduct, in the latest of
House Art Exhibits
There ought to be a law. Something--anything--to keep House art committees from exhibiting everybody who likes to doodle nudes as
Consumption of Junk Food High, Recycling Down
Harvard throws away tons of recyclables every day, hurting the environment and costing the university thousands of dollars in potential