Pornography

From Our Readers

To the Editors of the Crimson:

I am eternally infuriated by Sports Illustrated. Who gave their editorial board the right to foist their ideals of perfection into a mass-circulated weekly that eventually ends up on the coffee tables of America's impressionable populace? Are we all supposed to look and act like that? I am appalled by their narrow-minded and restrictive vision and perception.

It is truly unbelievable. Pete Rose, Julius Irving, Wayne Gretzky...the list of magnificent athletes is endless. Weekly, I am presented with the myopic American ideal of excellence: sweaty, scantily clad individuals, almost exclusively men, in various stages of exertion. Thank God for the swimsuit issue. For those of us who were consistently chosen last in grade-school kickball and who crawled through the Presidential Physical Fitness test, it is a welcome, yet brief, respite from fifty-one weeks of pornography. Michael A. Snyder '87

Recommended Articles

always the baby
Like any regular Thursday morning, I was busily scribbling notes from The Crimson's cliquey front row of Professor Harvey "C
DEAN CLAMPS DOWN ON BILLY ROSE'S BEVY OF BEAUTIES
Billy Rose made good on his offer of providing scantily clad girls to test Harvard students for Professor Sorokin's Genius
Fifteen Crappy Halloween Costumes
Fifteen Crappy Halloween Costumes 1. White guy 2. “The quiet type” 3. Peter Parker 4. Electrified third rail 5. SuperDan,
No Headline
The foot-ball season of 1885 may be said fairly to have opened now that the candidates for the eleven have
ATTENTION! FRESHMEN!
EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON - Although the contestants in the last hare and hunds run were quite numerous considering the condition
GORGEOUS GIRLS OFFER AID IN SOROKIN ADMISSION PLAN
Billy Rose, famous international showman, this Friday offered the services of six of the most beautiful girls from his Diamond