IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...

For those of you who ducked out of Cambridge early to soak up extra rays on the Florida beaches, the following is a recap of the news released on the eve of spring break:

S. Africa Internship Program Cancelled

Harvard cancelled plans to send student interns to South Africa following nearly two months of intense criticism from student activists, faculty members and Black South African leaders.

The administrator-faculty committee overseeing the fledgling program said its decision stemmed from Black leader opposition, the "divisiveness" and "politicization" the program had generated at Harvard, and questions about the safety of interns travelling to the nation.

Reagan Nixes Invitation to 350th

President Reagan became the first president in more than 200 years to decline an invitation to speak at Harvard's birthday party.

Reagan's unexpected rejection of the Harvard offer has left the university scrambling to find a remaining two of three dignitaries to give scheduled addresses at the anniversary of higher education in America. Charles, Prince of Wales, has accepted the invitation. Explained a White House spokesman: "The President is a very busy man."