Cornell Downs Lions; Princeton Socks Yale

Ivy League Wrap

Like last year and the year before, it comes down to the final weekend. The Ivy League title race is lasting until the bitter end.

Last year it was Harvard and Yale fighting for the right to wear the Ivy crown. This year, Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania will scrap in Ithaca, N.Y.

With its blowout of Harvard, Penn has already assured itself at least a share of the crown. A victory over Cornell would give it the title outright. If Cornell wins, it would share the championship trophy with the Quakers.

Two years ago, Penn beat Cornell in Ithaca to wrap up an undefeated season. The Quakers will enter Saturday's showdown with a 9-0 mark.

Princeton 24, Yale 7

NEW HAVEN, Conn.--Jason Garrett threw for 259 yards and two touchdowns, including one to his brother Judd, to lead Princeton to a victory over Yale Saturday at Yale Bowl.

Garrett completed 21 of 26 passes, including five to his brother, who added 77 yards on 17 carries and a pair of touchdowns.

The win was Princeton's first in Yale Bowl since 1966. Princeton is 40-61-10 in its series against the Elis, who scored the game's first touchdown, a 31-yd. run by Buddy Zachery.

Jason Garrett tied the game with a five-yd. touchdown pass to Dave Wix, capping a 77-yd. drive on which he hit eight of nine passes for 73 yards.

Cornell 42, Columbia 19

NEW YORK--Mike Ready's 38-yd. blocked punt return triggered a 28-point second quarter, as Cornell kept its Ivy title hopes alive with a victory over the Lions.

Cornell trailed 10-0 midway through the first quarter, but reeled off 35 consecutive points that carried the Big Red to its 12th straight victory over Columbia.

The loss extended Columbia's new losing streak to five games.

Dartmouth 37, Brown 24

PROVIDENCE, R.I.--Fullback David Clark scored three touchdowns and tailback Brendan Mahoney piled up 256 all-purpose yards as Dartmouth pulled away from winless Brown.

Clark, who scored on a one-yard run in the first half, added two touchdowns in the fourth quarter on a 12-yd. run and a 22-yd. pass from quarterback Mark Johnson. Brown's record fell to 0-8-1, 0-5-1 in the Ivy League.