SLU Downs Cornell

ECAC Wrap

CANTON, N.Y.--Joe Day scored two goals to lead undefeated St. Lawrence (7-0 overall, 4-0 ECAC) to a 4-1 victory over Cornell in ECAC action here Saturday night.

Dave Witherall opened the scoring for St. Lawrence, tallying 18:43 into the first period. The Saints never trailed in the contest.

The loss dropped the Big Red (3-1 overall, 3-1 ECAC) out of a threeway tie for first place in the league, leaving Harvard and St. Lawrence to share the top spot.

RPI 2 Brown 1

PROVIDENCE--Forward Mickey LeBlanc's goal at 14:21 of the opening period proved to be the gamewinner as RPI defeated Brown, 2-1.

Junior Kevin Mazzella opened the scoring for the Engineers (3-2-2 overall, 2-1-1 ECAC) with a powerplay goal at 12:19 of the period. LeBlanc added the game-winner when his shot from the right faceoff circle deflected off Brown goalie Chris Harvey's stick and into the net.

Senior Jim Lombardi scored a power-play goal at 4:11 of the third period to bring Brown (1-3 overall, 1-3 ECAC) within one.

Vermont 9 Yale 3

NEW HAVEN--John LeClair and Ricker Love tallied two goals apiece to lift Vermont over Yale, 9-3.

The Catamounts (11-2 overall, 3-1 ECAC) jumped out to a 2-0 lead with goals from Jim Fernholz and Kyle McDonough in the opening period. Vermont matched Yale's two goals in the second stanza, then exploded for three goals in the final minute to outscore the Elis (1-3 overall, 1-3 ECAC), 5-1, in the third period.

Dartmouth 2 Army 2

WEST POINT, N.Y.--After holding a 2-0 lead through two periods, Dartmouth gave up a pair of goals in the third to finish in a 2-2 overtime tie with Army (2-3-1 overall, 0-3-1 ECAC).

Bob Tobin scored with 45 seconds remaining in regulation to knot the score at 2-2 and send the game into overtime. Mike Daly and Jamie Hanlon scored for the Big Green (1-2-1 overall, 1-2-1 ECAC).

Clarkson 4 Colgate 4

POTSDAM, N.Y.--Colgate rallied from a 4-2 deficit to net a pair of goals in the final minutes of regulation and go on to tie Clarkson, 4-4.