Yale, Princeton Keep Rolling

Ivy Title Game Set; Lions Fall Again

NEW HAVEN--Darin Kehler threw for 158 yards and for 89 yards as Yale defeated Cornell, 34-19, Saturday to remain in a first-place tie in the Ivy League.

The fifth-straight win for Yale (7-1 overall, 5-0 Ivy) sets up a showdown next week at Princeton with a share of the Ivy title at stake.

Cornell (3-4, 1-3) took a 3-0 lead in the first quarter, but Yale came back to score 17 straight points in the second quarter. Kehler started the scoring with a 2-yd. run and threw a 5-yd. pass to Chris Kouri for another.

Yale increased its lead to 24-12 late in the third quarter after Kelher's 45-yd. pass to Jim Groffen set up a 2-yd. touchdown run by Kevin Callahan.

Princeton 30, Penn 8

PHILADELPHIA--Judd Garrett carried for 115 yards and two touchdowns, and Joel Sharp passed for two touchdowns as the Tigers (6-1-1, 5-0) remained unbeaten in the Ivy League.

Punting problems for Penn (4-3, 2-2) set up two of the Tigers' scores en route to a 20-0 halftime lead. A deflected punt by Mike DiMarino set up a 44-yd., eight-play touchdown drive capped by Sharp's 15-yd. pass to Steve Masloski with 7:16 remaining in the first quarter.

Garrett scored on 1-yd. runs twice in the second quarter, as Princeton went 86 yards on 18 plays for one score and 53 yards on six plays for another with 37 seconds left after a 26-yd. punt by Penn's Dave Amodio.

Dartmouth 13, Columbia 12

NEW YORK--Robert Birge blocked a punt at the Columbia 13 with 1:40 remaining, and Karl Romero kicked a 19-yd. field goal with 16 seconds left to save the Big Green (3-5, 2-3).

Birge got both hands on Matt Pollard's punt and then recovered the ball. Dartmouth moved the ball to the 2 with 19 seconds remaining, after converting a third-and-three.

The Lions (0-8, 0-5) built a 12-3 lead as Matt Less caught two touchdown passes from Bruce Mayhew.