Thinclads Take 2nd, 9th at Heps

This weekend, the Harvard indoor track teams traveled to Ithaca, N.Y., to compete in the Heptagonal Championships at Cornell's Barton Hall.

Out of the 10 schools that participated in the event, the Harvard women's team finished second with 72.5 points. Princeton won the event with 101 points and Army placed third with 69.

The Crimson men collected 11.5 points, finishing ninth overall. Dartmouth won the title with 128 points, while Brown and Princeton finished second and third with 120.5 and 89 points, respectively.

Women

While Harvard men failed to win an event, Suzanne Jones captured the 5000-meter race for the women with a time of 16:46.57. Meredith Rainey defended her title in the 400 meters, finishing in at 54.43.

The junior sprinter also helped the Crimson take the 4x400-meter relay, along with Beth Pfefferle, Jamelle Bowers, and Wanita Lopeter. The relay team crossed the line at 3:52.09.

The men travel to Princeton next weekend to compete in the IC4A Championships and the women head to Yale to participate in the ECAC Championships.