M. Booters Challenge Sixth-Ranked Hoosiers

Two men's soccer powers, passing in the night.

Harvard (2-1) and Indiana (5-1-1 entering last night's game against Akron) will meet for the first time ever on the soccer field tomorrow afternoon at Bill Armstrong Stadium in Bloomington, Ind.

The defending national champion Hoosiers enter the game ranked sixth in the country and sporting a five game winning streak. The squad's only loss this year came in its opening game against Virginia, 1-0.

Forward Ken Snow leads Indiana in scoring with eight points on four goals while goalkeeper Juergen Sommer sports a 0.53 goals against average.

"We are looking forward to the Harvard game," said Indiana Coach Jerry Yeagley, who was recently inducted into the United States Soccer Federation Hall of Fame. "They will be a tough foe, and Mike Getman is one of the bright young coaches in the profession."

Harvard comes off a 2-1 win over Hartford Wednesday, but still smarting form its Ivy-opening 1-0 loss to Columbia last weekend. Forward Nick D'Onofrio leads the Crimson in scoring with five points on two goals and one assist. Freshmen Peter Cochrane at sweeper and Jason Luzak at midfield have played an inspiring role since beginning to practice with the team last week.