CRIMSON NOTEBOOK

Three Stickwomen Are All-Ivy

By Daniel M. Steinman

In spite of a weak year, the Harvard field hockey team still managed to contribute three players to the 1992 All-Ivy team, announced last week.

Junior defender Francie Walton earned a spot on the first team, while junior attacker Sarah Downing and senior midfielder Rachel Burke garnered positions on the second team.

Walton was one of only three players to be unanimously chosen by the eight Ivy League head coaches on the selection committee.

"I think Francie and Sarah played really consistently all season," said Burke, team captain. "And Sarah's speed is really amazing."

Walton made her mark this season as the team's defensive anchor and its key point-scorer on penalty corners, while Downing shined as the Crimson's top forward.

Burke, one of only two seniors on this year's team, is known for her strength and determination. Coach Sue Caples often gave Burke the job of shadowing the opponent's top forward.

Harvard was outrepresented on the All-Ivy team by both Pennsylvania and Princeton, which supplied five and four players, respectively.

Yale attacker Anne Lehman, the only Eli to make the All-Ivy team, was voted Player of the Year.