Yale Game Tickets Available

'Nose-Bleed' and Stadium Roof Seats Not Sold Out

By Joseph A. Acevedo, Contributing Reporter

As of yesterday, 5,000 to 7,000 tickets were available for the 109th playing of The Game.

According to Aida Bears of the Athletics Department's Ticket Office about 4,200 tickets were ordered in advance for the annual Harvard-Yale football classic. Harvard Stadium has a capacity of 37,000.

Students who ordered tickets in advance can pick them up tonight and tomorrow at their dining halls.

According to Bears, The Game has not sold out in recent years and this one will be no exception. Nevertheless, only "nose-bleed" and stadium roof seats are left, she said.

As always, seniors were given preferential seating, followed by juniors, sophomores and first years. Students who ordered in advance paid only $12 for tickets. The regular price is $25 per ticket.

"I guess it's worth it," said Sarah S. Song '96, who missed the October 23 deadline. "I'm a freshman and I haven't witnessed that Harvard-Yale tradition."

Others were not so enthused about the game. Carrie E. Benes '96 insisted that she would not shell out $25 for football. "My father's coming that weekend and I'll probably have better things to do," she said.