Men Spikers Continue to Dominate

CRIMSON NOTEBOOK

By Gordon P. Bellamy

The Harvard men's volleyball juggernaut continued to terrorize the Northeast this weekend.

The Crimson (14-1 overall, 4-0 EIVL) started the long weekend last Thursday with a 3-0 shutout of Ivy rival Dartmouth in Hanover, N.H.

The squad's next stop was the Roger Williams Volleyball Tournament, in Providence, R.I. At the tourney, Harvard steamrolled MIT, 3-1, Dartmouth, 3-1 and host Roger Williams, 3-2, en route to the championship match.

In the championship, Harvard faced eastern power Long Island University, which had handed the Crimson its only defeat this year.

Led by the efforts of Captain setter Vince Marin (tournament MVP.), and outside hitters Brian Jones (20 kills) and Albert Kim (21 kills, All-Tournament honoree), the Crimson crushed LIU, 3-1, for the championship.

Solid efforts were also put in from hitters sophomore Jon Carpenter and junior Per Dutton, as well as back row specialist senior Gino Patrizio.

Finally, the Crimson returned to Malkin Athletic Center to spike MIT yet again 3-1, paced by Kim's 16 kills.