Alleged Lowell Flasher May Not Face Charges

By Yin Y. Nawaday, Crimson Staff Writer

Criminal charges may not be filed against the Lowell House sophomore accused of exposing himself to two female students in front of Claverly Hall last Sunday, according to Harvard University Police Chief Paul E. Johnson.

Police officials said that they originally planned to file a misdemeanor complaint of "lewd and lascivious behavior" yesterday morning.

But one of the two victims has refused to file charges, Johnson said. "If the other victim is not interested in pursuing it, then it will be an inhouse situation," Johnson said.

Johnson declined to release the names of the women.

The suspect, John R. Holena `94, and several other men allegedly accosted the two female students on Mt. Auburn St. at approximately 3:45 a.m. and dropped their pants. Johnson said Holena then allegedly grabbed his genitals and uttered lewd comments to the women.

Holena and the men fled into the Phoenix S.K. Club, according to the police report. Although several other men were involved in the alleged incident, police and Holena was the only suspect positively identified by the victims.

Alexandra L. Barcus, Lowell House senior tutor, said last week that there were some factual inaccuracies with the police report.

Barcus said she is advising Holena and theother suspects not to speak to the press untilcharges are filed or the Administrative Boarddecides to take disciplinary action.

"He is under gag order from me," Barcus said."This is really dangerous territory at the moment[for Holena] ... It takes a lot of time to sortout the proper jurisdiction."

Barcus said the Ad Board has been in contactwith the alleged victims.

"We hope that this matter will be resolved inthe next few days," Barcus said