Lavish Sparks Yale Past Engineers, 4-1

ECAC HOCKEY ROUNDUP

TROY, N.Y.--Jamie Lavish scored the game winner on an unassisted goal in the second period to spark Yale to a 4-1 win over RPI Saturday night.

Yale got its first goal of the game at 4:38 of the first period, with a power-play goal by Martin Leroux, assisted by Mark Kaufmann and Peter Allen, to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead.

After Lavish's goal at 16:44 of the second period, Yale put in two more goals, ending the scoring with Zoran Kozic's power-play goal at 11:06 of the third period.

The Engineers lone goal came on a third period goal by Xavier Majic, assisted by Jeff Gabriel 8:53 of the third period.

St. Lawrence 3, Brown 3, OT

CANTON, N.Y.--Mike McCourt and Dan Skene scored goals just 1:25 apart to lift St. Lawrence from a 3-1 deficit in the third period as the Saints and Brown skated to a 3-3 overtime tie in ECAC hockey Saturday night.

St. Lawrence (9-5-2 overall, 5-3-1 ECAC) were able to come back despite playing over half the game two players short. They lost Spencer Meany to a knee injury late in the first period and Brian McCarthy to an arm injury in the second.

Brown took the early lead as Scott Hanley scored the only goal of the first period. But freshman Burke Murphy scored his eighth of the year just 1:22 into the second to tie the game at 1-1.

Sean Murdoch put Brown in front 2-1 at 4:16 to finish off a 2-on-1 break and Mike Ross gave the Bears (5-7-2, 4-4-2) a 3-1 lead at 11:14.

Colgate 6, Vermont 5

BURLINGTON, Vt.--Colgate came from three goals behind in the final period and then survived a penalty shot with 42 seconds left to defeat Vermont 6-5 Saturday night.

Colgate fell behind 5-2 when Dominique Ducharme scored his second power play goal of the night for Vermont early in the final period. But then Sam Raffoul scored at 7:45, Marcol Richard at 17:00 and Andrew Dickson at 17:59 to tie the game.

Craig deBlois scored the winning goal at 18:27 off a defender's skate.

Dartmouth 3, Cornell 2

HANOVER, N.H.--Peter Clark and Mike Stacchi scored third period goals and Dartmouth defeated Cornell 3-2 Saturday night for its fourth straight victory.

Clark broke a 1-1 tie 5 minutes into the period by sliding the puck past goalie Andy Bandurski. Stacchi scored on a power play at 9:45 for a 3-1 lead.

Brad Chartrand closed the scoring for Cornell. Dion DelMonte scored Dartmouth's other goal and Jason Vogel scored for Cornell.

Dartmouth, which started the season 1-7, won four straight for the first time since the 1988-89 season. It is 3-5 in the ECAC. Cornell is 3-7-1 and 3-4-1.

Union 3, Princeton 1

Freshman center Brad Kukko scored twice and assisted on the other goal and sophomore Luigi Villa kicked out 35 shots as the Dutchmen (2-9, 2-6) turned aside the Tigers (3-6-1, 5-8-1) in Schenectady, N.Y.

Villa saved 11 of 12 chances in the first frame and 14 in the third.