Mansfield's Top Ten List for a court of Law

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:

Top ten claims Harvey C. Mansfield finds admissible in a court of law: 1. She was wearing pants, so I assumed she was a lesbian. 2. The tenure process is socially unproductive because it does not result in the creation of children. 3. Single mothers do not deserve equal protection under the law--and they have no idea how unhappy they are. 4. The Hostage Crisis coincides with the admission, en masse, of Black students to Harvard. 5. If they kiss, the social order will be destroyed. 6. Prisoners of conscience don't know it, but they actually enjoy incarceration. 7. In my expert opinion, if she fails to bear a son, he should divorce her. 8a. I didn't let him enroll in my class because he looked gay. 8b. I didn't let him enroll in my class because, although he looks straight, I heard he was gay. 8c. I didn't let him enroll in my class because I got a gay feeling from him. 9. The spread of HIV is helping to mend the moral fabric of the nation and will increase our cultural endowment. 10. I won that teaching award for my ability to teach undergraduate how to think in a sophisticated, analytically mature manner. David John Attyah   GSAS