An American Dream

DISSENT:

By Stephen E. Frank

There is a tragic wrong being committed here. It comes in the form of the staff's baseless and blistering attack on two men whose only crime is that they dare to dream.

When Zacharieas Mougrous and Alex Bafras opened the doors to the new Tommy's House of Pizza last week, they were opening the doors on a grand vision. It is a vision not unlike that of the mythical Horatio Alger, who turned rags into riches. It is a vision of success and service to the community. It is nothing less than a vision of greatness.

Caught up in its ruthless rhetoric, the staff loses sight of the beauty of the new Tommy's. By focusing on trivialities like high prices, greasy pizza and atmosphere, the staff misses the bigger picture of what Tommy's is really all about.

There is more than just late-night snacking at stake here. Tommy's House of Pizza is a valiant, noble effort at making the American dream come true.

The Crimson welcomes mail from our readers. Letters to the Editor should be typewritten, fewer than 500 words, and addressed to the Editorial Chairs. Please send them to 14 Plympton Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. Letters are printed and edited at the discretion of the Editorial Chairs.