Philippine Forum Sets Leadership Positions

Five Members Win Uncontested Races

By Heather J. Haboush

Five members of the Philippine Forum won elections unanimously last night in uncontested races for leadership positions in the group.

A group of 11 club members elected Martyallen Guinoo '95 and Anna M. Magpayo '95 co-presidents, Grace T. Samodal '95 vice president, David B. Lat '96 treasurer and Maria J. Razon '96 secretary in a meeting in Harvard Hall.

Newly elected leaders said the group's activities will expand in the coming year. "A complaint this year was that there weren't enough participation opportunities available" Guinoo said in his acceptance speech. "We hope to change that."

Magpayo agreed, saying the group may plan several additional events next year, including a Big Sibling program for first-years and more multiclub activities.

The group also appointed Daryl Paragua '96 to the newly created post of liaison to the Harvard Foundation board last night. Success in the coming year depends on cooperation among the club members, according to the new co-presidents."

"If you stick by us, we'll stick by you and get through this year," Guinoo said.

Prior to the elections, current Co-Presidents Angelica D. Pizarro '94 and Sharon L. Tirona '95 also had urged more teamwork in the group.