Medical School Prof. Dies

Denise Jouasset Strieder, a pediatrician at Massachusetts General Hospital and a professor at Harvard Medical School died October 17 of heart disease in her Chestnut Hill home, the Boston Globe reported yesterday.

Streider, who was 65, was born in France and earned her degree from the Paris University in 1957.

She became an associate professor at the Medical School and a pedistricain after 20 years of post-graduate studies.

She directed the Pulmonary Clinic for Adults at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Pulmonary Laboratory for Children at Boston Children's Hospital.

Strieder has been a member of major medical, pediatric, and scientific societies such as the Massachusetts Tuberculosis Association Advisory Committee and the NHLI Pulmonary Training Committee.

She leaves two sisters, Monique Ribaute and Arlette Jouasset of France; and three stepdaughters Alison T. and Helen R. Streider of Brooklin, and Merritt S. Atwood of Freeland, Wash.

The funeral service was held Sunday. The burial yesterday was private.