W. Lax To Face Tigers

By Eric F. Brown

Some students here at Harvard are not going to the Barbados for Spring Break.

They aren't visiting their grandmothers. They aren't visiting friends at other colleges. They aren't even leaving the Harvard campus.

For they are members of the Harvard women's lacrosse team, and they are going to be a little busy this vacation time.

On Saturday, March 26, the Crimson will face its Ivy League nemesis, the Tigers of Princeton.

In their meeting last year, Harvard fell by a score of 9-7, which was the Crimson's lone Ivy League loss.

The game will be by far the toughest game this season for Harvard (3-0 overall, 1-0 Ivy), whose closest match so far this year was a 7-2 victory against Penn.

"We just haven't played real strong teams," junior Sarah Winters said. "So it's difficult to tell [what will happen against Princeton]."

"I think that it will be a tough game, but I obviously think that we can win," Winters said.

And who can blame her? With a stringy defense that has given up a total of 11 goals in 3 games, and an offense that scored 24 times against UMass, anyone would have its hands full with the Crimson.

But the same can be said about the Tigers. The runner-up in last year's NCAA Tournament, Princeton is certainly no pushover.

"We haven't been tested with a good goalie in any of our games," Winters said. "Except for our practices, we haven't faced anyone really good."

It is too bad that these teams are playing during spring break, for this is a matchup that everyone should see.

Later in the break, the Crimson go on a trip of their own, when they visit Old Dominion on Wednesday, and Temple a week from today.

Both are solid teams, but neither should not be any match for Harvard.

"[Old Dominion] was pretty weak last year, but I think that they are getting better," Winters said. "Temple's always been hard, a scrappy sort of a team."