CRYPTKEEPERS?

A summary of what's new, what's news, and what's just darn funny.

We at Dartboard are concerned. Always on the lookout for breaking news and shifting cultural paradigms, we constantly wade through masses of information from all over the globe. This week, by accident, a copy of the Harvard Independent appeared before our unsuspecting eyes.

Those investigative journalists, ever on the cutting edge, managed to discover a startling new concept: death. Indeed, this past week, with a cute human skull on the cover, they devoted their so-called news magazine to the issue.

Their innovative research led to the application of each of the five senses: touching death, tasting death, seeing death, hearing death, and smelling death.

Far be it from us to question the venerable Indy's journalistic strategies. But we do have to wonder about their morbid fascination.

We can't help but notice that the basement of Canaday resembles a graveyard of sorts. That's where the U.C. was, after all. Perhaps they have a special affinity with the dead--after all, we've heard that they are the Indy's largest readership.

For those on this side of the cosmic divide, that's a definite incentive to comp the Crimson.