Network Informs Fellows

Computer System Will Assist Harvard's Visitors

By Elizabeth T. Bangs

A new computer network which provides information on recruitment, curriculum and event programming for visiting fellows is open to the Harvard community.

"We can all inform ourselves better about short-term guests to campus, events that are taking place and other issues that will be useful not only to visiting fellows but ultimately--and importantly--to faculty and students as well." Steven Bloomfield, director of the Fellows Program at the Center for international Affairs, told the Harvard Gazette.

"HUPPAN," the Harvard University Fel lows Program Administrators' Network is currently used by those who run 50 Harvard programs for visiting fellows to exchange information.

It is also a resource to find out what kind of research Harvard's visiting fellows are doing.

To subscribe to HUPPAN, send an e-mail message to HUPPAN@latte.harvard.edu. In the body of the message write only SUBSCRIBE HUPPAN.

"We invite a wider sphere of the Harvard-Radcliffe community to exchange information through this network." Bloomfield said.