Crimson News Coverage Biased

TO THE EDITORS

You people never cease to amaze me. As if your incompetence, reckless disregard for the truth, and all-pervasive bias was not enough, you have taken them one step further.

On Friday, in response to a direct challenge to my integrity by Sarah Scrogin, I produced a letter written by a senior member of the Crimson's Board in which the individual in question offered to write a favorable in editorial about an organization I was in if I would be his friend. Unlike every accusation you have ever made about me, the accusation was not made off the record, on background or using any of the other creative devices you use to smear people. Rather, I put my name behind the charge and provided documentation to prove it. But double standards are nothing new in your "beautiful building."

At any rate, I was not surprised on Saturday to see no mention of these charges. I did, however, appreciate the photo. My parents will treasure it. Of course, you had plenty of room to attack Josh Liston, Let's Go and the Salient.

I have always said, "Truth never got in the way of a good Crimson story." I guess I need to amend that statement now--"Truth never got in the way of a good Crimson story...unless the story had something to do with the Crimson."

Frankly, I pity all of you. Your newspaper is a joke, and the problem is, you don't even realize it. Maybe if you look at your student subscription rate, you'll get a clue. Most of all, I feel bad for the good people that work at the Crimson who have to be associated with the rest of you--those at Fifteen Minutes, in the Sports and Arts Departments, and reporters like Jeff Gell, Tom Horan and Andy Green.

I once told someone at the Crimson that I regretted taking out a particular ad in your paper a few years back. It might do you all some good to read it. The criticism in it then were just as valid as they are today.

You really do suck. Randall A. Fine '96