Harvard Garners Plenty of Ivy Honors

By Michael E. Ginsberg

The awards just keep rolling in for Harvard.

Yesterday, the All-Ivy women's tennis team was announced, and the list was dotted with Crimson regulars.

Sophomore Gina Majmudar made the first team singles squad for the second year in a row, and freshman Mylin Torres made the second team singles.

In doubles, the Harvard teams of Torres and Majmudar and juniors Kelly Grant and Kate Roiter were selected to the second team All-Ivy.

Torres also received recognition as the Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

Harvard women's lacrosse placed senior defender Genevieve Chelius and senior attack Sarah Winters on the first team, and senior attack Megan Colligan on the second team. Both Chelius and Winters were unanimous selections.

Harvard men's lacrosse co-captain Steve Gaffney was named to the All Ivy lacrosse team, and co-captain Mason Wynocker and junior attack Mike Eckert were both named to the second team.

Receiving honorable mention were freshman attack Mike Ferrucci, junior midfielder Chris Wojcik, senior attack Jamie Ames, and sophomore goalie Rob Lyng.

Gaffney was Harvard's fourth leading scorer this year with 24 points.

Finally, men's baseball's captain Bo Bernhard and sophomore pitcher Frank Hogan received honorable mention All-Ivy.

Bernhard batted .349 for the season with eight RBI's. He also had a .938 fielding percentage.

Hogan finished the season with a 2-3 record, a 3.75 ERA. He led Crimson pitchers with 38 strikeouts.