U.C. To Sponsor Victory Party After 'The Game'

By Peggy S. Chen

Despite disappointing attendance at the Undergraduate Council-sponsored Club Loker dance last Friday, the council last night decided to hold another event in Loker: a victory party after the Harvard-Yale football game on Saturday.

The council spent $276 to hold the dance last week, but organizers estimated that a maximum of about 140 people attended.

"It was a good idea, but it was not a good time to hold it," said Catherine D. Rucker '99, the sponsor of the Club Loker bill.

Many council members attributed the failure of Club Loker to poor publicity and a half-hearted effort on the part of many council members.

"I see a [the Campus Life] committee whose job it is to put on the events trying to pass the buck onto the rest of the council, and I see a council who's willing to put the money into [the event], but is not willing to work on it," said Jeffrey M. Goldfarb '97.

But other council members expressed more optimistic sentiments about the success of the Harvard-Yale victory party.

"I think we should make this a whole weekend of activities--a pep rally, a tailgate and then a victory party," said Rudd W. Coffey '97, a member of the Campus Life Committee. "It really gets people into the spirit of things."

The council last night also refined the rules on campaigning for next month's campus-wide elections of council president and vice president.

Because several council members have publicly announced their intention to run, the council granted its Election Commission the right to define campaigning periods.

Candidates may not campaign until certified by the Election Commission. The deadline to declare candidacy is November 22.