Player of the Year For McLaughlin

HIGHLIGHTS

By Rebecca A. Blaeser

Harvard soccer has a way of dominating the Ivy League. Last year Will Kohler '97 took home Harvard's first ever Ivy League Player of Year honors as his squad not only battled all the way to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, but it also secured an Ivy League title.

This year, although the Big Dance was not a reality for the Crimson, a new face has taken over as Ivy supremist.

After leading the league in scoring for the past two seasons, captain Tom McLaughlin finally reaped the rewards of a spectactular four-year career as he was named the 1997 Ivy League Player of the Year.

McLaughlin--a two-time unanimous first teamer--collected 32 points this year and was one of only three players who repeated on this year's first team All-Ivy list.

The speedy senior from Pennsylvania is not alone atop the Ivy League Honor board, however.

Joining McLaughlin on the first team is fellow senior Ricky Le, who is one of only four defensemen named to the first Ivy team.

The Crimson also made its mark on the second team list as sophomore Will Hench, junior Lee Williams and junior goalkeeper Jordan Dupuis were all selected.