THERE'S THE RUB

A summary of views, commentary and sometimes comedy.

By Talia Milgrom-elcott

Last week, Yale University announced that it was officially prohibiting sexual relationships between professors and students.

Dartboard is, quite frankly, skeptical about the enforceability of this policy: it is impossible to monitor everyone's behavior all the time.

Since the Yale administration should be savvy enough to figure this out for themselves, we believe that stopping scandalous late night rendevouz in professors' offices could not be the sole purpose of the university's policy change.

Dartboard took it upon itself to unearth the true motivation for this proposal, and we think we've hit on it. Under the guise of restricting student-professor relationships, Yale is waging another battle against the dangerous foe of all good colleges: grade inflation. Think about it--how many professors are going to give their boyfriends or girlfriends the bad grades they might otherwise deserve? Probably not many, especially not if they're getting good... well, never mind.

Dartboard has unmasked yet another ruse of college administrations. Just wait until we try to figure out why Harvard has the absurd schedule that it does. On that note, eat well, sleep well and enjoy the short vacation.